Welcome To My Studio
As a native of Colombia, South America living in Amarillo, Texas I was inspired to create pots and clay plaques in the style of the primitive cultures. While visiting some of the indigenous tribes from my country Colombia, I discovered their old traditions and techniques of working with clay. At this time I was even more inspired to be part of the long history of people making things with their hands. My work reflects the ancient artistic traditions from South America. When working with clay, I am totally immersed in it. Making pottery is pure joy.
The process of making pottery is very old. Each piece I create is molded by hand just as was done in ancient times without the use of a potter’s wheel. I incorporate natural elements such as seeds, rocks, wood, leaves, and shells to make the textures that predominate in each piece. Using earthy colors and textures, with attention to detail, I mold nature in a unique way. After working many hours each piece is allowed to dry before being fired. Glazes are then applied to the surfaces using minerals such as copper, iron, cobalt, and various types of clay. These minerals give the art an earthy, natural finish.
I would love to discuss a custom made piece of pottery just for you. If you desire a special size and colors I can come up with the perfect piece for you and your decor.
I have enriched my artistic knowledge while living in Italy, Spain, and the United States.
- School of Fine Arts, Cali, Colombia
- School of Visual Arts, Bogota, Colombia
- Ceramic School, Bolzano, Italy
- Nijole Savickas, Sculptor, Workshop, Bogota, Colombia
- Kathy Triplett, Ceramic Artist, Workshop, Atlanta, Georgia
- Mitch Lyons, Ceramic Artist, Workshop, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Marko Fields, Ceramic Artist, Workshop, Atlanta, Georgia
March 29-April 27, 2013
- Contemporary Gallery, Group Exhibition, Bogota Colombia 1997
- The Don & Sybil Harrington Cancer Center Art Auction, Amarillo, Texas 2003
- Artists Hanging, Group Exhibition, Amarillo Museum of Art 2005-2011
- Spring Show, The Colony Frame & Gallery, Amarillo, Texas 2005-2011
- Rooster’s Coffee Gallery, Solo Exhibition, Amarillo, Texas 2005, 2008
- 12×12 Exhibition and Silent Auction, invitational Group, Amarillo Museum of Art 2005-2012
- Spring Art Soiree, Group Exhibition, Amarillo, Texas 2006
- OHMS Gallery, Solo Exhibition, Amarillo, Texas 2006
- 2nd Annual Sale and Exhibition, Amarillo Museum of Art 2006
- Amarillo Biennial 600 Clay, Curated by Dr. Marilyn A. Zeitlin, Director and Chief Curator 2007
- Arizona State University Art Museum 2007
- Art Gecko Gallery Premier Exhibit, Amarillo Texas 2007
- Best of the Southwest-Best of Show Juror and Corporate Award-First Place 2008
- Best of the Southwest- First Place 2009
- Best of the Southwest-Third Place 2010
- Best of the Southwest- Mention- 2012
- Silent Auction, Group Exhibition-We Think Pink 2010, Amarillo, Texas 2010
- Recycle Art Festival, Group Exhibition, Amarillo Museum of Art 2011-2012